October 25, 2009

"doc, - "

hey doc,
i really need your help.
i can’t stand my life anymore.
you think i should try meds?

prozac? really? if you say so,
i guess i'll give it a try
even though you brush off my questions
and don’t look me in the eye.

i'll see you in six weeks.

well, doc, i'm back.
how are you? how’re the kids?
yes, i know you’re busy;
yes, i'll get on with it.

my symptoms are a bit better;
the side effects are fine.
i’m constantly tired, but
no thoughts of suicide.

but, doc...

now there's more prozac than blood
running through my veins.
yes, they help, but these drugs
have taken over my brain.

who i am isn't me;
it's a stranger with my voice.
i'm doing better, sure,
but it’s because i have no choice.

you and me both know, doc,
this wasn't what i meant.
isn't there something besides this?
can't you help me just be myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment